Wednesday, February 10, 2010

First Cold of the Year

Mmm, mmm good!


It never fails, I always end up sick on my birthday...I think it psychological! Anyway, I've been nursing this cold for about a week. I feel better now but still have the stuffiness and cough. I'm also sick of canned soup. So yesterday I went on a net search for The Best Chicken Noodle Soup for a cold. Nothing fancy, no bells and whistles, just something to make me feel all warm and snuggly inside.

I found a few cool food sites that I hadn't come across before, but no soup that called to me. Then it happened..."Chicken Noodle Soup for the Sick One" popped up on the search engine. If that's not a sign from above then I don't know what is. Maxine from Chew On That posted a Chicken Soup recipe that she had adapted from Tyler Florence. It was perfect! This was the best chicken noodle soup that I've ever had. The title says it all. It's quick, it's easy and it's good! I made a few tiny changes but basically stuck to Maxine's version which can be found here. This recipe is a definite keeper!

Yum...Ninja Vegetables

Yeah, I'm a big cheater with the celery. I really detest celery so I only used about a tablespoon instead of 2 ribs. But I did use SOME.


How good does that look! I added a tablespoon of butter to the olive oil to saute the veggies cause everybody knows Butter Makes It Better!


I bought a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store and shredded the meat with a fork and cut it up into bite size pieces. Save the carcass and freeze it. You can use it to make your own chicken stock.


I used medium-sized egg noodles and cooked them separately until they were about 99% done. I don't add noodles to any soup while the soup is still cooking. The noodles soak up all the juice and become mushy and the starch in them thickens the soup up and it just becomes one big mess! I let the soup cool just a bit and then add the noodles. This was exactly what I needed.

And this was exactly what I didn't need...


I was BUZZED! This is one of Davey's RC Copters. His new favorite pasttime is buzzing me while I cook. I'm really getting tired of this thing hoovering above my head! The first time it flies into my face, he that's his ass!

Check out what my mom got me for my birthday...


Isn't it pretty! I love it! Thanks Mom! Love ya bunches!



No comments:

Post a Comment