Sunday, March 18, 2012

I Am Such A Bad Blogger

Wow 2 years and 2 days since my last post. What can I say except life happens...got a job, had some personal issues to resolve, but now I'm back and I've got 2 years worth of recipes to post. Oh and I work at a library so I pretty much have access to every cookbook available...sweet!

So for today's blog I've got Mexican Stuffed Shells. If you're addicted to Pinterest like me, you've probably seen this recipe a lot. If you haven't tried it yet you've got to do it. It is so ooey gooey good and so easy to make.


Mexican Stuffed Shells

1 lb. ground turkey
1 package taco seasoning
4 oz. Kraft Philadelphia Cooking Creme Santa Fe Blend
14 - 16 jumbo pasta shells
1½ c. salsa
1 c. taco sauce
1c. cheddar cheese
1c. monterey jack cheese
2 - 3 green onions

Preheat oven to 350°F.

In a skillet cook ground turkey, add taco seasoning and prepare according to package directions. Add the cooking creme and stir til well blended. Simmer for about 2 - 3 minutes. Set aside. While ground turkey is cooking, cook the pasta shells according to the directions; drain. Set the shells out individually on cutting board or baking sheet so that they don't stick together.

Spray a 9x13 baking dish with some nonstick cooking spray. Pour salsa on bottom of baking dish, completely covering it. Stuff each shell with the meat mixture. Place shells in baking dish, open side up. Cover shells with taco sauce. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.

After 30 minutes, add the cheese and bake for 10 - 15 minutes more, with the foil removed. Top with any condiments you'd like...green onions, black olives, etc. Serve with sour cream, salsa &/or guacamole.

Adapted from: BlogChef.net

No comments:

Post a Comment